there are different ways to concoct a love.
Recipes (Mix one or more, and let simmer – longer for more flavor):
– A brief encounter with a person of beauty, whom you cannot have.
– A friendship that roots like oak, bearing understanding and acceptance.
– Exceptional physical chemistry which dares to maintain despite all else, and which excites curiosity.
– Respect that is reciprocated.
– A requited longing.
– Laughter that grows, not diminishes.
– Mutual goals and complimentary talents, resulting in a smart partnership.
– An adhering to a set of ideals which render love and commitment the only option.
– A drug you find in each other.
– Gratitude so deep you would give all of yourself to repay, but it isn’t enough.
– Being overpowered – for once – and liking it.
– A taste for something you cannot get elsewhere
“Maybe, like alchemy” by Vanessa Cate
Artwork: htrspltn by Filmout